Thursday, March 31, 2011

I wish I had my camera...

Walking on my way to my onsite class yesterday, I passed a business man (presumably on his lunch break) eating a gelato with whipped cream. He had whipped cream on his nose and gelato around his mouth. Usually you see children in this way, so it was especially funny given that the man was older and wearing a full suit. I also thought to myself that you would never see this anywhere else, only in Rome. He was walking away from Largo Argentina as I was walking towards it. There was a fountain to his left, a church behind him in the distance, and the tracks of the tram to his right. In order to see the gelato on his face, I would have needed to use my telephoto lens. The lighting was bright, as it was around 2 pm, so my ISO setting would be on 400. There was full sun so the white balance would be on auto. His face and torso would be the main focus of the picture, so the background wouldn't have been that important. Ideally to highlight the man as the subject, I would have used a high aperture so his face and torso would be clear, but the background blurry. Because he was walking towards me, I would use continuous autofocus. Lastly, I would shoot in RAW and JPEG so I could later edit the photo in photoshop.

Elyse

No comments:

Post a Comment