Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Picture description

There is one picture I took this semester which involved most of the concepts we learned during the semester. So I had this beatufil view of rome from the terrace of the Zodiaco in Monte Mario. I had the camera set on A, and I just had to set up the diaphragm becuase the sun was shinning right in front of me. So I closed the diaprhagm in order to capture less light but the picture didn't come out as I thought. I realize that in most pictures you can work with the camera set on A and change only a few things manually. However, in some situations, like this one the manual setting is fundamental. This allows you to take the picture from your own perspective and in a certain way to change reality. So I put the camera on manual and closed the diaphragm, increased the shutter speed, changed the iso to 100  and the ev to +2. The picture did not come as I wished, but better! It is surprising with the manual setting you can "paint your reality"
Eleonora

No comments:

Post a Comment