Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Green Trails


Out of all the pictures I shot during this semester, the one above is one of my personal favorites. It may be its uniqueness and the satisfaction after taking it while I was experimenting new techniques. In fact what I noticed is that if you go on manual and set the shutter speed at a low rate and then while taking the shot you zoom either in or out quickly enough, you get a sense of movement and of dynamism that is hard to get in with different techniques.
This one in particular was shot in the Lemon Courtyard a beautiful sunny morning, just before midday; the light was pretty intense and the colors already vivid but I decided to try anyway. I pointed the camera toward one of the windows at the first floor, put it in focus, slowed down the shutter speed, and while pressing the button I quickly zoomed out. The result was unexpected, I admit I was surprised by the result; luckily while shooting I twisted my wrist just that little that gave this amusing results. I did some photoshopping later at home to reduce the amount of light in the photo so to give the colors a stronger tone. The green trails in the pic are actually the lemon trees of the courtyard.
I find this photo very artistic and I'm really satisfied with the result I got.

Federico Jarach

No comments:

Post a Comment